Commercial Property Lawyer
We are looking for an ambitious commercial property lawyer 1-3 PQE (ideally with ties to the Thames Valley) that is keen to develop themselves and the team as we enter an exciting growth stage. The role will allow the candidate freedom to explore and expand into sectors they are passionate about. There will also be clear opportunities for progression for the right candidate.
- Provide clear, user friendly, up to date property legal advice and guidance to clients
- Seek a greater understanding of the client industries – increase commercial awareness
- Promote the services and reputation of the firm
- Continually seek profitable growth opportunities
- Take responsibility for personal development
- Provide support to less experienced members of the team and promote development of more junior team members
- Proactively participate / contribute within the team & firm
- Take an active role in the development of know-how
- Develop strong client relationships
- Actively participate in business development and marketing activities such as presentations, writing articles, preparing tenders and attending networking events
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Min 2:1 or equivalent/ A/B grades A ‘levels
- Consistently good academic record
- IT literate – working knowledge of Word/Outlook/TFB or equivalent
- Experience of general commercial property work – eg property development, sales and purchases of investment properties including freeholds and leaseholds, grant and taking of leases, general management work, some corporate support work etc. This will be for a wide range of clients including small and medium sized businesses, large corporates and PLCs, charities, and public-sector bodies including NHS organisations.
- Some residential property knowledge (although very little involved in the role)
- Strong drafting and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Capable of producing clear written advice for clients
- Competent grammar skills
- Capable of giving practical, commercial advice
- User friendly, with excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
To apply email CV and Covering Letter to HR@clarkslegal.com
Reports toHead of Commercial Property
Closing date30 November 2023
DepartmentCommercial Real Estate
Posted on09 May 2023
Why choose us?
We will support you to develop into the professional you want to be.
Supported professional development
We are friendly and supportive, with training opportunities to fill you with confidence that you will reach your full potential with us. We all work in an open plan, open door working environment.
Stimulating and rewarding work
We are ambitious, fast paced and professional, and with us you will enjoy a challenging but rewarding role every day.
A voice in the business
Your expertise is valued with us, where you can add ideas and input action, whatever role you have in the business, we believe you can make a difference.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to eliminating discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity.
The working world has changed. We’ve changed with it, by evolving flexible approaches to everyone’s work/life needs.
We are caring of our community providing fundraising and volunteering for nominated charities.