Senior Associate – Commercial Lawyer
To provide user-friendly, up-to-date, to-the-point legal advice and guidance to clients and to promote the services and reputation of the firm through undertaking a range of marketing activities. Role based in Reading, but with a need to support colleagues in, and where necessary, work from London office.
- Advise clients on a range of commercial issues, including contract drafting and negotiation of high value and complex contracts, procurement contracts, agency and distribution agreements, IT contracts, outsourcing agreements, general terms and conditions (B2B and B2C), data protection, intellectual property and commercial due diligence.
- Would be an advantage to have experience of tenders and supply chain.
- Maintain and develop existing and new clients through planned relationship management and marketing events, articles, seminars etc.
- Manage and maintain effective records of all work undertaken, including time spent, and adhere to the firm’s policy on billing, file procedures and case management.
- Participate in presentations internally and externally and active attendance of networking events/relevant industry bodies.
- Liaise and attend meetings with the team and firm necessary to perform duties and aid individual and organisational development.
- Develop ideas and create uses for know-how and innovation.
- Undertake personal and professional development and support the promotion of the team and firm generally.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Must hold a current Practising Certificate
- IT literate – adept in the use of Word/Outlook/Partner4Windows or similar document management system
- Consistently good academics – A/Bs in A’levels; 2:1 degree or above or equivalents
Subject to level of PQE, candidates will have had good training/experience of advising on a range of commercial matters and an ability/aptitude to deal with clients direct,. Ability/willingness to take part in marketing/networking etc. also an important feature.
Person Specification / Other Information
- Professional approach
- Relevant experience that allows working on matters without supervision
- Strong drafting and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Fluent both orally and in writing
- A “people person” – keen to develop client relationships
- Commercial approach – focus on solutions, not list of legal problems
- Proactive management of work and relationships
- Keen to take an active role in the workgroup and the firm
- Flexible, committed and team minded
- Able to demonstrate strong marketing and business development skills
- Aptitude for developing and presenting training seminars and workshops
To apply email CV and Covering Letter to HR@clarkslegal.com
Closing date31 July 2024
DepartmentCorporate and M&A
Posted on04 September 2023
Why choose us?
We will support you to develop into the professional you want to be.
Supported professional development
We are friendly and supportive, with training opportunities to fill you with confidence that you will reach your full potential with us. We all work in an open plan, open door working environment.
Stimulating and rewarding work
We are ambitious, fast paced and professional, and with us you will enjoy a challenging but rewarding role every day.
A voice in the business
Your expertise is valued with us, where you can add ideas and input action, whatever role you have in the business, we believe you can make a difference.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to eliminating discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity.
The working world has changed. We’ve changed with it, by evolving flexible approaches to everyone’s work/life needs.
We are caring of our community providing fundraising and volunteering for nominated charities.