A detailed session on the drafting of settlement agreements, tricky issues and negotiation tips.
- The legal requirements for a settlement agreement
- General drafting tips
- An overview of the common clauses including:
- Confidentiality and non-derogatory comments
- Restrictive covenants
- Payment provisions including the £30,000 exception
- Tax indemnity
- Settlement of claims provisions
- Employee warranties
- Repayment provisions
- An overview of common acceptable amendments if proposed by the employee’s solicitor.
- Tricky issues including:
- Tax- PILONs, benefits in kind, staged payments, retirement, retention of company property
- Pregnant leavers
- Delayed termination payment